Wednesday 26 February 2014

115. Modal Verbs - I can, I want to, I must - Quiz

115. Modal Verbs - I can, I want to, I must  - Quiz

1    Modal verbs are basically verbs of  '............. '.

Write the meanings of the following modals next to each verb..

2    wollen  =

3    sollen  =

4    mögen  =

5    können  =

6    dürfen  = 

7    müssen  =

8    Modal verbs are used in conjunction with an ................ form of the verb.

9    This part of the verb is placed at the ...................

10   Ich kann gut laufen =  

In the following,  put in brackets the correct form of the modal verb ......

11   [................]  du ins Kino mitkommen?  (dürfen)

12   Wir  [.................]  nicht zur Schule gehen. (wollen)

13   [...............]  Sie Ihre CDs zur Party bringen? (können)

14   Ich [..............] heute Abend für eine Klassenarbeit lernen. (müssen)

15   Ilse und Franz [................]  heute früh ankommen.  (sollen)

16   Thomas, Anja, [..............] ihr angeln gehen?  (mögen) 

Translate the following into German .....

17   Thou shalt not steal! = 

18   Can you speak French Karl? =

19   We have to go home early. =

20   I am allowed to go to the disco tonight. =  








No comments:

Post a Comment